Thursday, August 18, 2005

He moves in mysterious ways

So today, among wedding chaos, me and Kerianne went hunting for apartments/basement suites. We called under 10 and checked out about 5 when we stumbled upon what looks like a real gem. It is in a nice neighborhood close to Clearbrook Ave. and is pretty reasonabley priced. We looked at it and talked about it for a brief moment and then took it. It was really what we were after.

I cannot tell you what a huge relief it is to know where we will be living when we get back. God has really been making things happen for us. We were talking about how much weight we were both feeling b/c of our previous plan for a place to live not working out....on top of all the wedding stuff. We were sitting down for lunch and I just asked God to help us find something. SO the last place that we looked at today, kind of on a whim, became our knew home.

Earlier that day when we were running errands, Kerianne found out she was going to have to pay 90 bucks for an eye exam and was not even guaranteed to have contacts for the wedding (which was obviously bothering her). We went to another place not even a block away and BOOM! Ker has free contacts in her eyes, a free eye exam, and a perscription on the way, in plenty of time for the wedding. All b/c outof the corner of my eye i see this sign and say, "hey...is that a place.....what about that place?" The way God has shown up in our circumstances these last 2 weeks has been amazing. I don't know who is praying for us but we feel super blessed. But enough about us....this is about me...it's my blog dangit!!!
My take on the situation....I don't understand sometimes why God is so faithful in certain periods and seems so distant in others. I don't know why God is doing all of this after a summer of me not making time for him. I feel very unworthy, but blessed all the same. Maybe God is blessing the marriage. Maybe God is hearing the prayers of our friends and family. Maybe God is responding to the dependent and helpless state that i am in. Then again, maybe God is just sitting back and saying, "Hey, watch this!".

No comments: